If you haven’t tried Studio J, you’re missing out!
I just created these 3 fabulous layouts in about 30 minutes using the Studio J website. It’s super easy and so much fun! It’s totally free to try it out and play around with it; you only pay if you decide to order the layouts you create. See below for how to do the something like the Garmisch layout.
I created the Garmisch layout using the No Limits option.
1. Create a new project
2. Upload your photos
3. Choose “Create a Custom Layout”
4. Pick a paper pack (if you’re not planning to use any paper, you can just choose any one of them).
5. Choose the “No Limits” pattern. This gives you two 12×12 photo wells to start playing with for your layout. It will give you 3 kit mixes from which to choose, but since they’re all the same, just choose #1.
6. Drop in the pictures you want to use for your background. At this point, you’ll probably get a low res warning from the system (indicated by a yellow triangle with an ! in it in the bottom right corner of your picture). As long as you’re using a high-quality image from your digital camera and not your smart phone, you should be fine. Mine have all come out totally okay.
7. Using the drop down menu on the left, choose “Text and Photo Areas” and scroll down to “Photo Area”. Click and drag it to where you want and then use the dialogue box to choose the size you want. Repeat until you have all the photo areas you’ll need. Drop in your photos and you’re all set!
There are more things you can do with the “No Limits” options (like creating your own Picture My Life cards), but we’ll cover those on another day.